The town of Lokve was first mentioned in the Royal Court of Matija Korvina in 1481. The true flourishing of the Lokve was experienced in 1805 by the passage of the famous Lousiana Road, which connected Karlovac with the sea. Roads and villages began to rise along the road. The family of Frankopan built many mills on the rivers of Velika and Mala Voda. In 1857, the pastor Josip Mrzljak founded a three-grade elementary school. Since 1862, Lokve has its own municipality, headquarters of the district court, district court of justice, and the Forestry Office of the Legislature of Batthyani. In 1872, Knurness Thurn Taxis founded the Grobnik and Shipyard Forestry Chamber with seven offices.