The first written documents in which the name Bosiljevo is mentioned is dated in 1344. Later written documents are tied to the noble family of knez (prince) of Krk – Frankopan, which were owners of the Bosiljevo castle and surrounding areas. The town of Bosiljevo was never conquered by the Turks. Its last owner of the Frankopan lineage was the poet Fran Krsto, who was born in Bosiljevo. After the death of Fran Krsto Frankopan, Austria confiscated the town and on 25 May, 1684, King Leopold gave it to Viceroy count Nikola Erdody. With the marriage of his daughter Ana Barbara to Count Andrija Auersperg, he become the new owner of the town Bosiljevo. On 21 March, 1826, Auersperg sold the town of Bosiljevo to Marshal Laval Nugent, of Irish origin. He was a great Croatian patriot and regarded Croatia as his second home. After his death, the town was inherited by his son Arthur. Following Arthur’s death in 1897, it was bought on a public auction by Arthur’s niece, Ana Nugent on 9 August, 1902.
Life withOut Limits - obrt za razvoj turizma
51300 Delnice, S.S. Kranjčevića 16
MB obrta: 97817775
+385 (0)91 1544 324
Copyright © 2018 CroatianWay. All Rights Reserved.
Proudly powered by CroSpot