The village of Mrzla Vodice was first mentioned in 1759, but probably existed earlier. The development of the settlement was thriving after the construction of the Lujzinska cesta 1803-1809, from Rijeka to Karlovac. Then glass, sawdust, elementary school, church of St.Ane, road stations, dairy cooperatives, and farms all saw profit. The village had nearly 600 residents in the 1930s. But the Second World War dramatically changed the fate of the settlement. In 1941, it was annexed to Italy, Croatian language was abolished, and Italian schools were introduced. Since the locals did not fit in with the new state of affairs, Italian fascists burned the whole village in 1942, killed six villagers, and 500 were taken to the camps in Italy. After liberation in 1945, life slowly returned to Mrzla Vodice.