Brod Moravice was first recorded in one of Bela IVs documents in 1260. In the 15th and 16th centuries, the Brod Moravice area endured numerous Turkish raids which caused a portion of inhabitants to move to Kranjska. In the 16th century, Prince Zrinski built the Turanj Turret, which stood in defense against the Turkish. The turret was constructed from stone blocks, and it consisted of three floors with loop-holes and mobile wooden stairs. In the 19th century, the turret was turned into a bell-tower and later on heavily damaged in an air raid in 1944. Brod Moravice is also special because the oldest preserved house in Gorski kotar is located there. The house is called Delač and it was built in 1644. In 1682, the widow of one of Zrinski descendants waved her rights to all her husbands lands in favor of the Austrian Chamber, and thus began the period of strong and long-lasting exploitation of Moravice area by the Austrian government and foreign feudal lords. But In 1893, Brod Moravice district was formed, and in 1993 it became a district within a free and independent Croatia.